This Chicken Parmesan Baked Ziti only requires 6 ingredients and is totally delicious and comforting.
To make the baked ziti, I cooked up a batch of penne ziti and then tossed it with the sauce. Then for the “chicken parmesan” twist, I added in some shredded cooked chicken, chopped fresh basil, and lots of grated Parmesan.
- 12 ounces DeLallo penne ziti (or any pasta shape)
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (about 2 small chicken breasts)
- 1 (25 ounce) jar DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Tomato-Basil Sauce (pasta sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I used 2% low fat)
- 1/3 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cook the pasta al dente in a large stockpot of generously-salted boiling according to package instructions. Drain. Return pasta to the stockpot and add chicken and tomato sauce. Gently toss to combine until the pasta is evenly coated.
Pour half of the pasta into a greased 11×7-inch or 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, half of the Parmesan cheese and half of the basil.
Get the full recipe on Gimme Some Oven
Sorry to make you click a link for the recipe, but know I’m grateful for you.