Rich and decadent, this three-layer brownie cake is filled with cookie dough frosting and topped with a silky chocolate ganache. Recipe source: Adapted from Life Love and Sugar.
- 1 and ½ cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 1 and ½ cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Cookie Dough Filling:
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 and ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 2 and ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (or use chocolate chips)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Extra chocolate chips, for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Prepare three 8-inch round baking pans with cooking spray and parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil. Stir with a large wooden spoon until completely combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring and incorporating each completely before adding another.
- Add vanilla, stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.) Whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients a little bit at a time, stirring until just absorbed each time. I added mine in 3 batches. Do not over-mix, just stir until dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour batter evenly into three prepared pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with wet crumbs.
- Cool completely, then remove from pans and set aside.
- Prepare filling.
Cookie Dough Filling:
- In a large bowl (I used my stand mixer) beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add confectioners' sugar, and beat to combine.
- Add flour and sugar, beat until combined.
- Add milk and vanilla, beat until light and fully.
- In a medium glass bowl, heat heavy cream in the microwave until steaming hot but not boiling, about 45 seconds. (Microwaves vary, so just watch yours carefully.)
- Remove hot cream from microwave, and pour chocolate chips into the cream.
- Allow to sit for 30 seconds, then slowly stir with a rubber spatula until cream and chocolate fully combine, and chocolate melts completely.
- Stir in corn syrup and vanilla, and again stir until completely combined. Set aside while you assemble the cake.
To get the full recipe visit original recipe: http://lemon-sugar.com/2014/06/cookie-dough-brownie-cake.html/
Sorry to make you click a link for the recipe, but know I’m grateful for you.