Let’s make Mango Mochi Ice Cream, ice cream wrapped with mochi. The unique texture makes this one of the most popular sweets in Japan. It takes many steps to make the mochi ice cream but the taste is really amazing!
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 ripe mangoes (diced )
- 2 drops of yellow coloring
- 2 drops of mango essence
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1/2 cup Tang Mango Flavor
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon santan powder
- Dessicated coconut for coating
- First, Mix glutinous rice flour, rice flour and santan powder into a big mixing bowl.
- Then, Dissolve Tang Mango Flavor powder with the hot water and add in the oil, mango essence and yellow coloring.
- Pour this into the flour mixture and mix till smooth and well blended. Microwave on high for one minute.
- Stir and continue to microwave, one minute at a time until mixture is translucent and cooked.
- (Cooking time depends on the wattage of your microwave) Leave aside to cool. For easy moulding of mochi, use plastic gloves and greased them with some oil.
- Take a 30 g piece of dough and flatten it into a round disc, wrap in as much mango cubes as desired.
- Seal the edges tightly and shape it into round balls. Coat the shaped mochi with dessicated coconut. Serve chilled.